This interview first aired on September 18, 2021Timestamp Links & Questions:
- [0:44] – How did the name “Orchid” come to be?
- [2:27] – Could you tell us a little bit about yourself and also expand more on what Orchid is and how it differs from a traditional VPN service?
- [7:04] – One question that I have, is why wouldn’t an average user just set up their own VPN if trust is such an issue? What advantages are there to using a VPN service like Orchid vs setting up a personal VPN service with AWS or Digital Ocean?
- [9:13] – Why did Orchid bring blockchain technology to the VPN industry and what are some of the specific innovations that are being used and to what effect?
- [10:38] – You mentioned previously, that when using Orchid, the client will randomly select one of these nodes from the bandwidth providers. How does that process work? Can you explain what stake-weighting is and how an Orchid client selects which Orchid server to connect to?
- [12:27] – What are other safeguards are there to prevent Orchid users from connecting to malicious nodes?
- [13:20] – You mentioned those curated lists, that also allows people to choose from servers that provide them certain functionality, like Netflix in the US for instance.
- [15:09] – What would you say is the most private way for [people] to start using Orchid?
- [16:34] – You mentioned the “Follow the White Rabbit” podcast earlier, can you tell me a little bit about that and how that name came to be?
To learn more about Orchid VPN go to: https://www.orchid.com/