How do you unblock WhatsApp if you are unable to use it on your internet? WhatsApp is blocked by default on many school or office networks, and also by some governments for all of their citizens. In such situations, WhatsApp users need a little help to be able to access the free, most popular chat app.
In some situations, is isn’t the use of the WhatsApp application that is blocked; however, the ability to download WhatsApp is blocked. In such scenarios, it is still possible to download WhatsApp. One shouldn’t default to using unofficial WhatsApp knockoff apps, as there are security risks associated with that. Instead, you should use a VPN like Private Internet Access to download and use the official app without being blocked.
How to use Private Internet Access to unblock WhatsApp?
Private Internet Access encrypts your internet traffic and routes it through our servers so that your internet service provider (or the government over their shoulder) has no idea what apps you are using and your privacy is protected. If you’re unable to use WhatsApp, simply turn on Private Internet Access and you’ll have unrestricted access to the open internet, as it was meant to be.
- Download Private Internet Access from the Google Play Store, the Apple iTune App Store, or the APK file (for advanced users) if you haven’t already.
- Connect to Private Internet Access with your username and password.
- Select a server in a country that is not blocking WhatsApp (I recommend the United States).
- Enjoy unrestricted access to WhatsApp.
How to unblock WhatsApp download from the iTunes App Store?If your country has convinced Apple to remove WhatsApp from the locally available app store, you can still access the full App Store by changing your country settings in your phone preferences. Do so by following the below instructions
- Navigate to the Settings icon on your Home screen.
- Select iTunes & App Store with your finger.
- Select Apple ID with your finger.
- Authenticate with whatever security measure you have set (Password or Touch ID).
- Select Country/Region with your finger.
- Select Change Country or Region with your finger.
- Choose a new country or region (I suggest the United States).
- Tap on Next.
- Restart your phone to access a less restrictive App Store
How to unblock WhatsApp download from the Google Play Store?If your country has convinced Google to remove WhatsApp from the locally available app store, you can still access the full Google Play App Store by changing your country settings in your phone preferences. Do so by following the below directions.
- Open the Google Play Store app on your Android phone or tablet.
- Select Menu Account Country and profiles. You should see two countries – your currently selected Google Play country and the country that Google thinks you’re currently in.
- Select the country you want to change to.